I am Danielle: Ottawa Photographer extraordinaire, mom, wife, lover of vintage, and foodie. When I'm not creating images for my wonderful clients I can often be found snuggled up at home with a good book, hanging out with my family or behind the sewing machine working on my latest sewing or quilting project. Art is my life and my life is my art.
I am an award winning photographer in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I specialize in telling the story of wonder and delight in children as well as documenting the beautiful and intimate connection of families. I take great pleasure in creating works of art that are truly unique and providing my clients with a fun, honest, laid-back experience. Some more fun things I bet you didn't know about me:
- I am a Pug lover. If I ever retire from photography I will open my own Pug rescue. At which time I will declare myself a professional Pug hugger.
- I'm a chronic exclamation mark abuser. I've looked in to getting help for this!!! There is no cure!!!
- My other creative love besides photography is sewing and quilting. I love the delayed gratification of completing something one-of-a-kind.
- I am a foodie. The more exotic and international the better! Spice? Unusual ingredients? Bring. It. On.
- I hate dressing formally for anything. You can expect me to show up for every session in jeans, a t-shirt or hoodie and sneakers. That's just how I roll.
- I have a love for all things junky and vintage. I frequent antique stores and junk shops as often as possible. I am inspired by looking for the beauty in the non-traditional and you'll always find me at these places with my camera in tow.
- I'm an introvert who enjoys trying on the shoes of an A-Type personality from time to time. The truth though? Relaxed, intimate situations suit me best. This is why I love family photography.
Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know little 'ol me! I am looking forward to meeting you as well! Drop me a line!
- Danielle is an award-winner of the National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP) - 3rd place winner in 'Tweens' category, July 2011.
- Danielle's work has been featured in publications such as: Pawsh Magazine, Ottawa Parenting Times Magazine and The Ottawa Citizen's 'The Wrap' newspaper.